Hello fellow crafters/bloggers/friends. I'm so excited. This is my first guest blog post. So I was completely flattered when Lindsey asked me to post. I've only been sharing my crafts for a little over a month at Norikraft, although I've been crafting for a long time. I like to try everything, I don't have to be a pro, so I am not a perfectionist. As long as it looks good I'm good. I have two boys that keep me busy, so I try to fit crafts in when I have time to keep me sane and help me feel girly in my boy world... I also design and sell vinyl. So if you ever want some help with vinyl, I'll be glad to help!
Here is what I'm sharing today.
I'm going to share my version of some wood eggs I saw at Hobby Lobby. They were about 20 dollars, they are half off right now but I knew I could make them for less.. I have a lot of stuff on hand, so over all I didn't spend anything, but if I had bought stuff it probably would be about 5 dollars...
ok. so find some wood ovals. I found the smallest one at the dollar tree and the largest at Joanns on clearance and then I cut the middle one with a jigsaw. I thought it would be scary but it was so easy. If i can do it you can!!
1. Cut a portion off of your ovals so you have a base.
2. If you cut all yours out just make a template, trace it on the wood, cut them out with a jigsaw...
Here are my three eggs...
3. Paint your eggs. If you haven't seen the hobby lobby ones, they were painted blue, yellow and pink. I like to do most of my crafts in black. I feel like it blends more with my regular decor and just gives it a good base.
4. Trace your egg on some paper... You could totally skip this and just do different colored paint.
5. Mod podge your paper on your eggs.
7. you could be done at this point, but I added a few felt flowers and ribbon.
I hope you liked my craft. Come visit me!! THANK YOU!